Monday, February 25, 2013

The one who turned twenty one


Have you seen her around, lately ?
The one I used to know,
The one who turned twenty one.

She wore glasses
And the Principal’s son
(May he rot in something not so nice)
Fancied himself to be
The suitable boy
While I
Looked the Sun
Squarely in the eye
Calmly awaiting
The invitation to
Her secret brotherhood
Of the not-so-sighted.


She had almost blond
Sunsilk hair
And chubby cheeks
(I did not even get to touch them – honest!)
But we talked
Rather I did
Of Marx, and the meaning of life
Outstaring her
Opinionated tom cat
And doggedly dating
The bus stop
To her home.

Have you seen her around, lately ?
The one I used to know,
The one who turned twenty one.

Winter loved,
And summer strung.

2 comments:

Aastha Gohil said...

Arun
this is so beautiful, I almost had this as a film running in my head that manouvered the graph of my smile throughout :-)

ARUN GUPTA said...

Thank you :)