Thursday, October 18, 2007

Har Fikr Ko Dhuen Mein Uda ...


I have been smoking, nearly continuously, since my second year at FTII (84-85). I must have been 24 then - a reasonably unpunctual age for getting hooked (did not smoke or drink through either higher secondary or college ! - actually all the 'consequential' events in my life have happened years later than when they were expected to unfold - I am a tale forever behind schedule).

This 7th May, on my niece Priyanka's engagement day, I kicked the smoking habit (it was more of a coincidence - my throat was once again acting bad).

It's now been more than five months and temptation sometimes seems perilously close and feasible (even reasonable). The only protection in my pocket - sparkling smile Happydent White.

photo by chinmayi arakali

3 comments:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

It was great to know how you stopped smoking..!! :)

Especially since I remember how my Dad did (or how discreetly..) all for me :)

good bye..

Parul Gahlot said...

damn good for you arun!!

Bondhu said...

Hi arun....there is is a line in his article of urs which i actually can relate so much "actually all the 'consequential' events in my life have happened years later than when they were expected to unfold - I am a tale forever behind schedule)." Me too is a behind schedule in every juncture of life till date...god knows whats in store in future...cheers to life...have linked ur blog to mine hope u don't mind...